Job Title : Apprentice Chef de Partie
Employer : The Red Lion
Location : High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 0EU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01806
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen at The Red Lion for a keen chef looking to further their career to join the kitchen team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Chef De Partie Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Some kitchen experience required
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Red Lion is a newly refurbished pub overlooking Wooburn Green and close to the river Wye, it is known for its style, charm and beautiful surroundings.
They strive in what they do and are known for their good quality service and freshly prepared food.
An opportunity has arisen at The Red Lion for a keen chef looking to further their career to join the kitchen team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Chef De Partie Qualification.
You'll need to be creative and passionate about food, someone who loves the industry and always wants to drive for more.
Duties will include:
• Ingredient preparation
• Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
• Plating up and presentation of food
• Taking instruction from senior chefs
• Cleaning and clearing down work stations
• Working in a safe manner at all times
• Portion control
As a chef de partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday - Sunday 5 days a week 38 minimum hours
Salary : £300.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/10/2019
Personal Qualities : Excellent communication skills.
Great attention to detail.
Adaptable and Flexible, willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.
Be committed and Hard-working.
Good leadership and Influencing qualities.
Skills Required : • Love cooking, love the industry, love learning
• Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients
• Ambition – you want to be a Head Chef one day.
• You’ll be working in a busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace.
• Enjoy busy services and are able to keep calm under pressure
• Able to build a great relationship with your fellow chefs and FOH team
• Bring energy and have the stamina to inspire all the chefs in your team
• Have good knife skills and a general understanding of basic cooking techniques
Future Prospects : A permanent position, and a career within the company with also the ability to move upwards
Training to be Provided : Chef de Partie apprenticeship Level 3
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Bus routes.
Parking is available
The map below shows the employer's location