Job Title : Apprentice Adult Care Worker
Employer : Whitehaven residential care home
Location : Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8JA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01739
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice to join the team at Whitehaven residential care home, gain experience and work towards gaining a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, English and Maths will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : White haven Residential Care Home is safe, clean and welcoming, they aim to provide a professional and efficient service to meet needs and requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice to join the team at Whitehaven residential care home, gain experience and work towards gaining a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Qualification.
Duties to include:
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of the team
To achieve required standards.
To ensure Service Users retain their dignity and individuality.
To be involved in the general activities of the Care Centre.
To maintain a safe and secure environment for Service Users, Staff Members and Visitors.
1. Assisting all with aspects of Personal Care
2. Assist residents carry out various activities
3. Do Clothes piles for each resident and place in resident’s bedroom,
4. Do any piles of washing left from day before,
6. Wash and dress residents for bed.
5. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care home disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Care home resources are used appropriately
7. Help feed frail residents with meals and drinks.
8. Empty rubbish bag and disposal as per waste policy.
9. Write up Residents Daily Report file.
10. Meet and greet visitors to the home (Family member / Medical Professionals etc.)
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Min 30 hours per week
Salary : £184.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Good level of personal hygiene
Must be committed
Have a can do attitude
Skills Required : Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Future Prospects : There is the opportunity for an permanent position for the right candidate
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker apprenticeship
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : This role will cover 24 hours so will include night shifts and weekends.
The map below shows the employer's location