Job Title : Apprentice Assistant Manger
Employer : Two Bridges Hotel
Location : Princetown, Devon, PL20 6SW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01740
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Assistant Manager to join the team at Two Bridges Hotel, Dartmoor. This role is an excellent step into management and requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent organisation skills
Qualifications Required : Food Safety and a Personal Licence is an advantage but not essential.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Two Bridges Hotel is an oasis of comfort and fine Devon hospitality in the heart of Dartmoor National Park. Find them perched on the banks of the beautiful West Dart River, with jaw-dropping countryside and bracing walks in every direction. Step inside and discover a warm Devon welcome, comfortable hotel rooms in which to rest the night, fine restaurant dining, characterful lounges, and a bustling bar. And all in beautifully historic surroundings.
Two Bridges Hotel are looking for a career minded individual with initiative and excellent social skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to work using their own initiative and be able to perform effectively as part of an established team, understand how to achieve high standards of customer care and have a positive and energetic nature.
This role would be a perfect opportunity for someone looking to work for an established luxury hotel whilst furthering their career in the hospitality industry, gain the experience and work towards gaining a Level 4 Hospitality Management Qualification.
Ideally applicants should have previous experience in a similar establishment and hold a full UK driving license as th hotel is in the middle of dartmoor.
1. To undertake any task as requested according to the needs of the business.
2. To adhere to the hotel standards for quality, customer service, health and safety and staff relations.
3. To oversee the general running of the hotel, ensuring all departments are operating effectively and efficiently.
4. To be responsible for the security of the hotel and the wellbeing of the staff and guests whilst on duty.
5. Fire Officer Responsibilities are required when on duty. In the event of fire / smoke alarms sounding, co-ordinate an evacuation if necessary. Training will be provided.
6. To ensure any accidents involving staff or guests are investigated and accurately recorded in the accident book. Ensure RIDDOR is completed as required.
7. To assist with any customer queries or complaints.
1. To ensure and maintain a high level of personal hygiene and appearance.
2. To adhere to company and in-house policies, safety and legal requirements.
3. To provide the warmest of welcomes and the highest possible standard of service to the hotel guests.
4. To assist the General Manager and Management team as necessary.
5. To comply with statutory laws and regulations.
6. To process any complaints following the hotel complaints procedure to maintain customer satisfaction. Inform the General Manager of any issues that can be addressed by higher management.
7. Maintain security of the hotel and its stock, to record any spillages, breakages, wastage and stock transfer to other departments or sites.
8. To ensure staff punctuality and appearance.
9. To brief staff prior to service on a daily basis.
10. Assist in training of any new employees and monitor their progress and standards.
11. When necessary to attend any staff training that is of benefit to you or requested by the management team.
12. To have knowledge of Fire, First Aid and Health and Safety procedures.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum 40 hours, Full Time , 5 days per week to include weekends and evenings
Salary : £385.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 23/10/2019
Personal Qualities : Responsible
Skills Required : · - Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred.
· - Previous catering experience and excellent Customer service skills
· - Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
· - Experience of supervising a team within a catering environment
· - Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety preferred though not essential as further training can be provided
Future Prospects : continuation of employment and development
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Manager Level 4
Other Information : Live may be available
Things to consider : The starting salary is £20,000 rising to £20,500 after a 6 month probation period and then £21,000 after a year with the company.
The map below shows the employer's location