Job Title : Production Chef Apprentice
Employer : Beales Hotels - West Lodge Park Hotel
Location : Hadley Wood, Herefordshire, EN4 0PY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01691
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Production Chef at West Lodge Park Hotel (part of Beales Hotel) Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : West Lodge Park Hotel, have so much to offer. They cater for weddings, celebrations, special events, Christmas parties and much more. And, being just a stone’s throw away from North London, including nearby boroughs Enfield and Barnet, Beales is the perfect choice for those looking to host their next occasion away from the hustle and bustle of the city in beautiful surroundings.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Production Chef at West Lodge Park Hotel. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
The main duty of this role is to assist/support the Commis Chef, Chef de Partie and any other Kitchen staff in all relevant aspects of running the kitchen, as required. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Learning how all relevant areas of the kitchen operate;
• Assisting in setting up and preparing kitchen for daily food service;
• Assisting with cold preparation, e.g. washing, peeling, preparing fruit and vegetables (and in the longer term assist in the preparation of meat & fish)
• Cleaning the kitchen, including washing up (filling/emptying sinks and dishwashers), general cleaning etc.
• Putting away stores – dry, fresh and refrigerated products;
• Be aware of stock rotation of kitchen stores/food supplies, and be aware of food wastage
• working towards assisting the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie in running a kitchen section, as required
• positively promoting kitchen standards.
This job opportunity includes the chance to complete a Vocational Qualification over 12-14 months, with free training provided onsite at work (no need to attend College). You will work as a paid employee and have Training alongside this every 4-6 weeks.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen;
• Be passionate about using and cooking with fresh produce and delivering a quality service;
• Have the drive and determination to learn how to run a section (in the medium/long term);
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum 30 hours per week, worked over 4 or 5 days, including weekdays and weekends
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 23/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Possess a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen
Be interested in using and cooking with fresh produce and delivering a quality service
Skills Required : Be passionate about learning to cook and having a career in a professional Kitchen ;
Candidates must be willing to complete a Culinary Apprenticeship Qualification, whilst working
Future Prospects : Opportunity to become a Commis Chef, and possibly rise to Chef de Partie by learning how to run a section in the Kitchen (in the medium/long term).
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship. Maths and English if required.
Other Information : This position is required as soon as possible; early start date acceptable. Candidates must be willing to complete a Culinary Apprenticeship Qualification, whilst working.
£150 per week is based on 30 hours a week
Things to consider : This role includes shift work, so it may be recommended to be based locally or have reliable transport
The map below shows the employer's location