Job Title : Hotel Receptionist Apprentice
Employer : Beales Hotels - West Lodge Park Hotel
Location : Hadley Wood, Hertfordshire, EN4 0PY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01683
Brief Description : West Lodge Park Hotel (Beales Hotel), have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a Receptionist, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member, Reception Qualification.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C/4 or above is preferable.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : West Lodge Park Hotel, have so much to offer. They cater for weddings, celebrations, special events, Christmas parties and much more. And, being just a stone’s throw away from North London, including nearby boroughs Enfield and Barnet, Beales is the perfect choice for those looking to host their next occasion away from the hustle and bustle of the city in beautiful surroundings
West Lodge Park Hotel have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a receptionist, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member, Reception Qualification.
The Receptionist role works alongside the Reservations Team and has responsibility for checking in/out of all guests, attending to all guests needs, handling of payment transactions, calls and in-person enquiries efficiently and professionally etc.
Main Duties include:
• Ensure that the reception department runs smoothly at all times, demonstrating a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
• Ensure all guests are welcomed and checked in and out of the hotel and computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended, incl. allocating the correct and appropriate accommodation to guests and that the guest's bills on check-out are produced and issued in line with correct procedures
• Strive to try and fulfil all guest's requests throughout their stay. Guests who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
• Deal with internal and external enquiries (including phone calls) efficiently and effectively with the highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times. This includes proactively assisting in the front Lounge to welcome, direct and help guests/visitors when required.
• Ensure good communication and co-operation between all departments, incl. Concierge and Reservations in particular, ensuring that relevant staff are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments.
• Proactively exceed the guest's expectations whenever and wherever possible, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times, maximize customer satisfaction and respond efficiently and accurately to customer feedback/complaints.
• Ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup and that all charges are posted correctly and with the correct amount to guest's function accounts.
• Work with and alongside the Reservation team, covering the Reservation role when required.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours p.w. worked over 5 days each week, as per rota (will include weekends & Bank Hols.)
Salary : £295.20 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 12/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 16/08/2019
Personal Qualities : • Friendly
• Keen to give a high level of Customer Service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Very organised
• Numerate and literate
• IT literate
• Good attention to detail
• Team player
Skills Required :
• Previous experience in Reception role within a hospitality/customer-focused industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and professional, with high levels of personal presentation and grooming standards.
• Proactive, welcoming and committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail is essential, as well as good problem-solving skills.
• Flexible, proactive and able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills are essential, as well as competent level of IT proficiency.
Future Prospects : Potential to progress to senior Receptionist, or a role as Reservationist, or alternative role in another Hotel Department (if appropriate)
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2 - Receptionist
Maths and English if required
Other Information : This position is required as soon as possible; early start date acceptable. There will be an interview process, which may be followed by a working trial for 2-3 hours; there may also be a possible assessment/test as part of the recruitment screening progress
Things to consider : Due to various shift work, including early shifts from 7am and late shifts ending at 11.30pm, it may be recommended to be based locally or have reliable transport. There is a possibility that Live-in Accommodation may be available with this role, at a highly discounted accommodation cost (includes utilities and 3 meals per day), (if required and appropriate)
The map below shows the employer's location