Job Title : Fundraising Apprentice - Supporter Care
Employer : Y Care International
Location : London, London, E1 1DN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01703
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen at Y Care International for a Business Administrator to join the Fundraising and Marketing team, learn the skills required and work towards gaining a Level 3 Business Administrator Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Educated to GCSE Maths and English level B/6 or equivalent and above
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Y Care International is the YMCAs’ global lead in youth enterprise and employment. Through partnerships with YMCAs and other community-based organisations they equip the world’s most disadvantaged young women and men to move out of poverty and in to business. They believe young people are agents of change in their own and others’ development, and that local YMCAs are best placed to help them fulfil their potential in body, mind and spirit, and to realise their rights.
An opportunity has arisen at Y Care International for an apprentice to join the team to assist the Fundraising & Marketing team with gift administration, maintenance of the supporter database and the stewardship of individual donors; delivering excellent supporter care and being the first point of contact for supporter enquiries
The successful applicant will work towards gaining a Level 3 Business Administration Qualification.
Duties to include:
- Manage the post opening process at YCI. Producing and disseminating the post rota and ensuring that post is opened daily in a timely manner
- Process incoming donations on a daily basis, undertaking all aspects of the receipt, batching, checking and banking of donations from supporters by cash, cheque, credit card and charity voucher
- Process monthly Direct Debit and Standing Order batches. Update any cancellations/amendments, liaising with supporters who have cancelled their recurring gifts and ensuring the correct entry of any new direct debits
- Handle all donation queries and communicate with donor supporters appropriately
- Maintain accurate gift aid records for supporters
- Create and maintain accurate supporter records, ensuring that supporter details and contact histories are updated as necessary in line with the GDPR regulations
- Assist the Senior Database Coordinator in setting up and maintaining appropriate filing systems, that are GDPR compliant and allow YCI to maintain an appropriate audit trail
- Support in maintaining the organisations email marketing list, adding subscribers where there is appropriate consent, removing those that have unsubscribed and updating bounced email addresses
- Provide timely and courteous acknowledgement to donors in line with YCI standards, including annual acknowledgements to Standing Order and Direct Debit regular givers
- Handle donor enquiries, including about current appeals, key programme information and respond to correspondence received from supporters. Ensure that these queries are accurately logged and responded to in a timely manner
- Establish the needs of the supporter during the qualifying communications, identify correct supporter journey and ensure all support materials are sent out according to agreed timescales
-Be the first point of contact for telephone fundraising enquiries, monitor email inboxes and respond or forward as appropriate
- Ensure fundraising stock supplies are maintained and managed
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 35 hours. Normal office hours are 0900 to 1700; core time is 1000 to 1600
Salary : £346.15 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 19/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 24/07/2019
Personal Qualities : To have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Y Care International;
To be self-motivated and disciplined, with the ability to work to deadlines;
To be able to work effectively as part of a small team, in a supportive, flexible and friendly manner;
Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to multi task, prioritise and manage workload.
Skills Required : Experience in a customer-facing/marketing function;
Experience of working with data, ideally with a CRM database;
Sound computer literacy skills with a high level of competency in MS Office;
Experience of using Microsoft Excel;
Strong and accurate data input skills, with excellent attention to detail;
Sound administrative skills including accurate record keeping, financial and budgeting skills;
Confident and articulate verbal and written communication skills, including a pleasant and efficient telephone manner
Future Prospects : Progression to Support Care Assistant
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator apprenticeship Level 3
ICT, Maths and English if required
Things to consider : This is a role of responsibility within our organisation. The individual will be responsible for processing all donations coming into the organisation and the first point of contact for our supporters. We therefore need someone that is attentive, dedicated and responsible.
The map below shows the employer's location