Job Title : Early Years Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Employer : St Joseph's School
Location : Ross-on-Wye , Herefordshire, HR9 5DB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01695
Brief Description : A fantastic opportunity for a keen apprentice to join the friendly and supportive team at St. Joseph’s RC Primary school and complete an Advanced Early Years Apprenticeship
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a successful, inclusive, mixed form entry community with a Nursery. The School has a welcoming and positive atmosphere where hardworking and enthusiastic staff are passionate about the welfare of children, and children enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
We have an opportunity for an apprentice to join our team and work towards gaining a Level 2 Early Years Qualification.
• To work in a school setting with children aged 4-5 years.
• To assist staff in the care and educational needs of the children.
• To work with staff to plan and prepare the learning environment.
• To gain experience and knowledge to support theoretical studies.
Duties to include:
• To plan and implement exciting activities to meet the needs of all children.
• To be a key person, be assigned key children and be responsible for up to date and accurate achievement files.
• To support all staff and engage in good teamwork.
• Work in partnership with staff, parents and other professionals.
• To attend out of work activities i.e. parent’s evenings, summer fayre, Christmas parties etc.
• To follow all of the Nurseries policies and Procedures
• To safeguard the children at all times.
• Record accidents and incidents should they arise.
• To provide high quality care to meet the diverse needs of all children.
• To complete the Early Years qualification in a timely manner.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Term time only 30hrs per week - 8.50am-3.20pm Monday to Friday,
Salary : £117.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2019
Personal Qualities : The successful candidate will have a calm, caring and patient nature who can respond to the needs of the children.
They will have excellent manners and be friendly and respectful to children, staff and parents.
Skills Required : The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to work both under instruction and independently using initiative.
They will demonstrate high levels of professionalism at all times.
The candidate will be reliable with excellent time keeping.
They will have good communication skills and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Future Prospects : A career in working with children and young people.
Training to be Provided : Early years Level 3 advanced apprenticeship
Maths, English and ICT if required.
Things to consider : DBS Check - Enhanced required
Medical Check required
16yrs and over
The map below shows the employer's location