Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Stansted Airport
Employer : Escape Lounge, Stansted Airport (Manchester Airport Group)
Location : Stansted, Essex, CM24 1QW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01638
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a keen chef to join the team at The Escape Lounge at Stansted Airport, learn the trade whilst working towards your Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s grade A* - D/9-5 including English and Maths are preferable. Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Away from the hustle and bustle of the terminal, Escape offers a place to take some time out before passenger’s flights. They can enjoy some of the delicious food and drink Escape have on offer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a keen chef to join the team at The Escape Lounge at Stansted Airport, learn the trade whilst working towards your Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
• To prepare, cook and serve high quality food for customers, ensuring that all tasks associated with food production are performed to Lounge standards and with regard for food safety regulations. Some of the preparation procedures are, but not limited to, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding.
• Ensure the kitchen and product stores are effectively maintained, clean and orderly and in compliance with legislative requirements.
• To work to the Lounge Standard Operating Procedures
• Comply with all legislative requirements.
• Undertake a course of study on a day release programme resulting in the achievement of a recognised qualification
• Work to achieve any departmental targets that may be set for the unit as part of MAG’s values and vision
• Be committed to long term learning and self-development whilst displaying flexibility and being able to accept feedback on personal performance and areas for development
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours (Mon-Fri 09:00 - 17:00)
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Hardworking
Skills Required : Must be a team player, able to work successfully with others at all levels by demonstrating effective two-way communication skills with peers, managers and customers
Must be willing to learn and have a desire to achieve a recognise qualification in Catering (level 2 diploma or equivalent)
Demonstrate good communication skills
Have the ability to seek assistance from peers and managers when required
Future Prospects : Full Time permanent role and opportunity to study the Level 3 Ched de PArtie
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
The map below shows the employer's location