Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : The Old Inn
Location : Axminster , Devon, EX13 7RB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01681
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice chef to join the small and friendly team at the popular Old Inn in Kilmington
Qualifications Required : Grades C/4 or above in maths and English is an advantage but not essential.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Old Inn is a traditional thatched pub situated on the busy A35 on the outskirts of Axminster near to Kilmington. Their focus is to provide an environment for customers to truly, drink, dine, unwind after their journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice chef to join the small and friendly team at The Old Inn whilst learning the trade and gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
The job role includes:
• Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the
• Maintaining high levels of service
• Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation,
• Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
• Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
• Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
• Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and
Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
• Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or Manager
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week to included weekends and evenings
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 07/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/10/2019
Personal Qualities : Keen
Skills Required : Some previous experience is an advantage but not essential. However a passion for working with food is.
Able to work as part of a team
Able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : This is on the outskirts of Axminster on the A35. Please check transport, there is a bus stop outside pub.
The map below shows the employer's location