Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Searcys- City
Location : London, London, EC1A 4HT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01606
Brief Description : A great opportunity to join the team at Searcys as an apprentice chef to assist the Head Chef / Sous Chef in the kitchen ensuring Searcys' reputation for food quality is maintained across it's hospitality, fine dining, staff restaurant and training floor.
Qualifications Required : None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Main Duties
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Executive Chef
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 45 hours p/w Monday-Friday
Salary : £292.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 24/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Genuine passion and interest in food.
Ability to work in a team.
Excellent communication skills.
Helpful with a positive attitude.
Flexible and adaptable.
Skills Required : Experience gained within a commercial kitchen.
Ability to listen to and follow instruction.
Good time management.
Ability to work efficiently in a team.
Must be able to work at Pace and under pressure.
Future Prospects : Development from Apprentice to full time Commis Chef in one of our prestigious venues.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Commis Chef Standard.
Things to consider : This role is in a hot and fast paced kitchen. You will be standing for the majority/all of your shift - it's a tough but rewarding career.
The map below shows the employer's location