Job Title : Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer : The Red Lion (Wrungo Pub Co Ltd)
Location : Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9LG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01597
Brief Description : A fantastic opportunity has arisen at The Red Lion for a keen chef to join the team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Red Lion is a traditional country pub in the heart of Cholsey - serving timeless pub favourites: Great food and drink, a warm welcome and a good time.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at The Red Lion for a keen chef to join the team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The position is an essential part of a successful, well managed kitchen. It also offers the perfect opportunity to learn how a commercial kitchen operates, and a defined career progression:
Duties to include:
• Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
• Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
• Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
• Collect & wash up pots & pans.
• Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
• Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
• Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
• Reporting maintenance issues to management.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week split across 10 shifts
Salary : £220.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 22/07/2019
Personal Qualities : Conscientious
Skills Required : Basic kitchen skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to take instructions
Ability to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Opportunity to take on full time position as Commis Chef - and chance to progress through training to take on a Chef de Partie role
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Looking for a candidate that is committed to a career in hospitality, is aware of the challenges and is keen to work in a fun, rewarding but ultimately challenging environment
The map below shows the employer's location