Job Title : Apprentice Front of House / Waiting Staff
Employer : Ye Olde Smokey House
Location : Paignton,, Devon, TQ3 1NN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01585
Brief Description : A great opportunity to join the team at Ye Olde Smokey House, working whilst getting a qualification!
Qualifications Required : Grades C or above in Maths and English is an advantage but not essential, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Ye Olde Smokey House, is a renowned for great food, drink and hospitality. Fabulous fresh locally sourced produce with plenty of choice and fantastic value.
Ye Olde Smokey House now have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their Front of House team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification!
• Show customers to their seats and present our variety of menu options
• Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answer questions
• Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
• Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
• Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
• Deliver checks and accept payment
• Work with other staff as a team
• Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality
• Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 - 47 hours per week (dependent on age) this includes study time
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 20/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • • Be a hands-on part of the working team
• • A passion both for people and life
• • Good oral communication
• • Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
• • Ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and
• • Good customer service skills
• • Good team working skills to work with all staff in the business.
Skills Required : Some previous experience of working with the public is an advantage but not essential
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Are you able to commute to and from work and are you able to work weekends and evenings
5 days to include weekends shifts are 11-3 6- finish
The map below shows the employer's location