Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : The Fig Tree Restaurant
Location : Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex, BN6 9PX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01566
Brief Description : The Fig Tree has a great opportunity for an apprentice develop their Commis Chef skills in all areas of their amazing boutique restaurant. Alongside working to gain a Level 2 Commis chef Qualification/
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Found in the heart of Hurstpierpoint, the picturesque village nestled closely to the rolling hills of the South Downs National Park, The Fig Tree is an elegant dining venue offering fresh and seasonal dishes.
The Fig Tree has a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice chef to join their busy kitchen team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
• To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• Awareness of how the role impacts on the restaurant profit and loss account.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
• In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of the restaurant and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
• To support the Head Chef in ensuring the efficient, and effective running of the Kitchen.
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard, and complies with food safety regulations.
• To support the achievement of budgeted food gross profit.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40
Salary : £300.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/07/2019
Personal Qualities : Good communication skills
Skills Required : Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to take instructions and be proactive
Ability to work under pressure.
Future Prospects : Full time job
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Please check transport options for shift work.
The map below shows the employer's location