Job Title : Apprentice Production chef
Employer : The Berkeley Arms
Location : near Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 8HG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01567
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen at The Berkeley Arms for an apprentice chef to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade alongside working towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Berkeley Arms is a traditional country style pub, in the picturesque and historic village of Bosham. They offer a relaxed environment where customers can feel at home, providing friendly service and hearty classic lunches, dinners and desserts.
An opportunity has arisen at The Berkeley Arms for an apprentice chef to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade alongside working towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Duties will include:
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
• To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• Awareness of how the role impacts on the Pub profit and loss account.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
• In use of pub nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of the pubs procedure in the event of a fire.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate.
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 25 Hours a week
Salary : £225.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/07/2019
Personal Qualities : Good time keeping
Skills Required : A good grasp of English
Good communication skills
Future Prospects : Full time position
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required.
Things to consider : Reliable Transport is a must, 10 minutes walk from train station and bus stop.
25 Hours a week - working as to rota to include weekends and evenings
The weekly hours are 25 a week to give the learner flexibility in the job role as the site is difficult to get to.
The map below shows the employer's location