Job Title : Apprentice Childcare Assistant
Employer : Little Owls Day Nursery
Location : Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1LR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01546
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice to join the team at Little Owls Day Nursery, learn whilst working and gain a Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Little Owls Day Nursery is an established nursery in Toftwood offering tailored provision for children aged 6 weeks to 4 years across two converted bungalows and offers three different outdoor spaces for children to play and learn within. It’s ideal for families whose children attend the local schools which are of very close proximity to the nursery and easily accessible to those who wish to walk to the nursery from Toftwood and the surrounding areas including public transport users.
An opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice to join the team at Little Owls Day Nursery, learn whilst working and gain a Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce Qualification.
Duties to include:
• To help create and develop with other members of staff, a stimulating environment to meet the needs of the individual child, being aware of the requirements of different age groups.
• To plan stimulating experiences for all children within the room, catering for their individual stage of development.
• To establish positive relationships with all members of the Nursery Team, children and their families.
• Keep up to date with current legislation relating to working with young children.
• Support your team members and maintain a happy team environment.
• Working alongside other students ensuring that you remain a positive role model at all times.
• Take an active part in Nursery projects and special events.
• To participate in regular fire drills and ensure that procedures are correctly carried out in the event of an evacuation.
• Ensure that all equipment is maintained in a safe and financially viable manner.
• To be responsible for your own learning of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• To have a vision for your personal development and consistently evidence your work through the observation planning and tracking cycle.
• To be prompt and responsible for your own time keeping and follow our policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
• Ensure the supervision of a safe and secure environment for all children at all times.
• To ensure that the health of the children is monitored regularly.
• To be aware of fire procedures and participate in regular fire drills.
• Take the necessary precautions to safeguard the welfare and safety of yourself, staff and visitors in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Undertake appropriate Health and Safety training to support safe working practice, including where appropriate, its management.
Working with Parents
• To observe our permanent staff in building close partnerships with our parents/carers and after full training to take upon your own key children.
• To work alongside parents/carers of the children
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 32.5
Salary : £130.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 20/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Confident
Skills Required : Brilliant communication skills with children staff and parents
Be a team player
Future Prospects : There is the possibility for a permanent position for the right candidate
Training to be Provided : The Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
Maths, English and ICT if required
Things to consider : Public transport is available in the local area.
May be required to work late occasionally for staff meeting and parents evening
7.30am-3.30pm Monday to Friday
The map below shows the employer's location