Job Title : Level 3 Business Admin Apprentice
Employer : Baxterstorey- Grays Inn Road
Location : London, London, WC1X 8AL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality Management
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01548
Brief Description : Baxterstorey have an excellent Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship opportunity based at Grays Inn Road in London. The Apprentice will complete a Level 3 programme in partnership with HIT Training providing support to the Operations Directors.
Qualifications Required : None required, however Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Baxterstorey is the largest independent contract catering company in the UK, they have many prestigious contracts though the South West and are constantly growing. Baxterstorey has several high-profile chef’s working within its brands including John Campbell and Monica Galetti.
Baxterstorey have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team at their office at Grays Inn Road, London.
Reporting to the London Office Manager, the successful candidate will complete a level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship and provide administrative support to the Operations Directors and staff at the busy London offices.
• Produces accurate records and documents including: emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals.
• Having access to the OD’s email inboxes and able to filter the emails received.
• To support the OD’s with the CRM system (Client Retention Management)
• Maintains records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation’s procedures.
• Support London Office Manager (LOM) on a daily basis with tasks such as: printing, posting loyalty letters and the organisation of general incoming and outgoing mail.
• Carrying out all administration tasks for ODs.
• Dealing with telephone, email and postal queries in a courteous and professional manner, liaising with OD, Reception and Support teams where necessary.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team, ODs and support team across the organisation.
• Demonstrate good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
• Demonstrates agility and confidence in communications, carrying authority appropriately.
• Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines.
• Organise meetings and events, take minutes during meetings and create action logs as appropriate.
• Provide support to Operations Directors to process expenses on bi-weekly basis.
• Carry out all general administrative duties
• Takes responsibility for their own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience. Also takes responsibility for their own development, knows when to ask questions to complete a task and informs their line manager when a task is complete. Performs thorough self-assessments of their work and complies with the organisation’s procedures.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as per LOMs and ODs request.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours p/w Monday-Friday
Salary : £300.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Exercises proactivity, good judgement and understanding of role within the
• Builds and maintains positive relationships within the team, friendly and helpful.
• Self-motivated with high attention to detail, quality focused with own work and willing to assist when necessary other members of the
Responsible, reliable and punctual.
Skills Required : • Excellent IT skills, to be fully proficient and confident using multiple Microsoft office
and Google applications and systems relevant to the organisation.
• Strong organisation skills including diary management and prioritisation of tasks.
• Excellent telephone manner, ability to problem solve and direct all calls as
• Interpersonal skills- personable, professional and efficient communicator.
• Ability to follow instructions and work on initiative, follow up on all
communications as necessary.
Future Prospects : Baxterstorey can provide further training and development opportunities to the successful Apprentice.
Training to be Provided : Level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship
Maths, English and ICT if required
Other Information : Core working hours will be Monday to Friday 08.00hrs- 16.30hrs, though it may on occasion, with notice, require some weekend/evening work to assist with promotional activities and events
The map below shows the employer's location