Job Title : Facilities Services Apprentice
Employer : Guys and St Thomas Trust
Location : London, London, SE1 7EH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01544
Brief Description : Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their team, developing your skills and knowledge whilst working towards gaining a Level 2 Facilities Services Qualification.
Qualifications Required : • Minimum five GCSEs including English and maths or equivalent qualifications.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital is guided by their values. They put their patients first, take pride in what they do, respect others and strive to be the best and act with integrity.
Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their team, developing your skills and knowledge whilst working towards gaining a Level 2 Facilities Apprenticeship.
The position holder has responsibility for day to day financial reporting and bookkeeping of the Soft Services, Housekeeping, Patient Food Services, and Building Maintenance at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital.
Duties to include:
• Data recording
• Process staff bank booking
• Stock delivery & ordering
• Recording and reporting all financial transactions within these services
• Raising orders associated with these services and recording all transactions accordingly
The post holder will also be expected to:
• Raise orders for the purchase of goods, services and materials
• Receipt orders and prepare invoices for payment in accordance with the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions.
• Other duties include liaison with both internal and external customers and staff, suppliers and any associated administration
• Reporting and filing that is generated.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £318.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 27/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Desirable Criteria and Personal Qualities:
• Excellent demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
• Self-starter, ability to work on their and a team player
• Willing to adopt a flexible approach
• Further professional bookkeeping qualification
Skills Required : Essential Criteria:
• Some previous administrative experience
• Good financial acumen and basic bookkeeping skills
• Experience of dealing with suppliers and external agencies
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to manage own work and act independently
• Strong IT Skills – ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets, word processing, databases (Microsoft Office).
Future Prospects : Permanent position within the Trust if operationally required.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Facilities Services Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Additional Requirements: Energetic and resilient in line with Manual handling
The map below shows the employer's location