Job Title : Apprentice Production Chef
Employer : Signatures Italian
Location : Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR3 1HP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01532
Brief Description : Signature Italian have an excellent opportunity for someone to start their career as a Chef, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Signatures Italian has now reopened after a major refurbishment and has recently won 'Best Italian Restaurant in Sunderland'
They now want to expand their team and have an excellent opportunity for a budding chef. Join the team. learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
To work as part of the team across all areas of the kitchen as per training.
• Prepare and cook dishes on menus according to standards and the Head Chef
• Check items against delivery notes and report any shortfalls
• Maintain secure stock storage
• Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food
• Assist in preparation and cooking of dishes following menu specification
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices
• Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 40 Hours
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Clean and hygienic
Skills Required : You just need to enjoy cooking - No skills required
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Progression to further training as appropriate.
Employer is keen to retain and develop staff
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required.
Things to consider : 40 hours Mon-Sat 11am-10pm Sun 10am-5pm Five days from 7
The map below shows the employer's location