Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Bistrot Pierre
Location : Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7LT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01501
Brief Description : Love what you do, love where you do it and be part of an amazing team at Bistrot Pierre, aspiring to be best in casual dining in the busy and iconic bistros. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Bistrot Pierre, are passionate about French inspired fresh food and fantastic customer service. To join their energetic and friendly team we are looking for true team players, who believe in their values of ‘individuality, honesty and integrity, genuine passion for food and hospitality, appetite for discovery and excitement about travel’.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of the amazing kitchen team at Bistrot Pierre, learn the trade alongside working towards gaining a Level 2 Commis chef Qualification.
Working closely with the team in a high volume, fast paced, busy, buzzing, customer focused environment you will:
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and pride of work in an exciting and highly dynamic team environment
• Be a Bistrot Pierre ambassador, delivering exceptional customer service and always working with our guests'
memorable experience in mind
• Be ambitious, keen to learn and proactive in seeking out opportunities for personal development and
nurturing and building new skills and talents
• Have a true passion for our fresh food products and make health and safety and food hygiene standards the
• Confidently learn and perfect the creation of our dishes for one section in the kitchen (side or veg) ensuring
food is cooked and presented correctly, always to the agreed company specification
• Be flexible and able to run your section of the kitchen competently and independently, undertaking and
delivering all tasks and responsibilities to the expected company standard
• Support your colleagues in all areas of the kitchen team’s responsibilities, ensuring good teamwork and a
“joined up approach” always prevails
• Assist in the training and induction of new team members
• Demonstrate an appreciation for the commercial factors impacted upon, in your day to day tasks and
• Encourage the highest standards across all areas (food, employee engagement, customer service, financial
performance, health and safety)
Bistrot Pierre have partnered with ourselves - HIT Training where you will attend a chef academy every 8 weeks participating in workshops using premium seasonal produce and learning essential skills whilst being creative and innovative.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30 Hours
Salary : £184.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 04/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Passion –An interest in food is essential
Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
Skills Required : Excellent communication skills
Attention to detail, cooking is a science, so a chef needs to be precise
Able to work under pressure and take instruction
Future Prospects : Ongoing development on structured career pathways.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : The benefits
Hourly rate of pay
Fantastic on the job training
Ongoing development on structured career pathways
Monthly incentives to support and encourage a high performing team on an individual, team and regional level
Discounts at all our restaurants
Discounted prestigious French wine at cost price
Recommend a friend scheme worth up to £1500
Things to consider : 30 Hours on a shift basis between Monday - Sunday 9am - 11pm
The map below shows the employer's location