Job Title : Restaurant Supervisor Apprentice
Employer : Ring of Bells
Location : Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8RB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Pubs and Bars
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01490
Brief Description : The Ring of Bells Inn have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a restaurant supervisor.
Qualifications Required : Level 2 Food and Beverage Service or equivalent.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Ring of Bells Inn, North Bovey, Dartmoor is a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike, with good west country real ales, a specially-selected wine list and a menu that prides itself on locally sourced ingredients.
They are looking for an apprentice restaurant supervisor to join their buy team and learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Qualification.
Duties to include:
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising,
the Restaurant staff.
• Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and
steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
• Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed for each shift.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Ensure staffing levels for are accurate based on time of year and expected business levels. Organise and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as menu changes / specials.
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or busy periods, serving as a role model for the staff and other employees.
• Ensure basic standard operating procedures are in place and are in
compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations.
• Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
• Interact positively with customers promoting our services. Resolve
problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organise special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend any relevant meetings.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week. 5 days per week to include weekends and evenings.
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Excellent levels of communication and organisational skills
Skills Required : To be fully competent and trained in all aspects of Food and Beverage Service
Able to lead a team
Able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship Level 3
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Are you able commute to and from work as this is a remote location.
The map below shows the employer's location