Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Hand Picked Hotels - Ettington Park Hotel
Location : Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 8BS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01503
Brief Description : Ettington Park Hotel is recruiting for an Apprentice Chef to join the brigade. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to start their career as a Chef, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Ettington Park Hotel is part of Hand Picked Hotels, who are a collection of country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, their guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Ettington Park Hotel is recruiting for an Apprentice Chef to join the brigade. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to start their career as a Chef, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The Apprentice Chef will carry out daily duties as below:
• Prepare and cook dishes on menus according to standards and the Head Chef
• Check items against delivery notes and report any shortfalls
• Maintain secure stock storage
• Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food
• Assist in preparation and cooking of employee meals
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices
• Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order
• Report hazards and maintenance requirements to the Head Chef or Sous Chef
• Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Have a positive attitude
Be keen to learn from the Chefs
Skills Required : You just need to enjoy cooking - No skills required
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Guaranteed a Commis Chef role with Hand Picked Hotels
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : This Hotel is not accessible by public transport, please make sure you have a reliable form of transport.
40 hours over 5 days. 8 hours per day. No split shifts - 2 days off together
The map below shows the employer's location