Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Old Albion Inn
Location : Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 5RB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01499
Brief Description : An opportunity to assist the Head Chef/Sous Chef in the kitchen operation at the Old Albion Inn has arisen. Ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Grade C or above in Maths and English is an advantage, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Old Albion Inn retains the character and ambiance of the village pub, steeped in history and nestles in the heart of Crantock. We are sure that you will enjoy its fine food, real ales and hospitality!
An opportunity to assist the Head Chef/Sous Chef in the kitchen operation at the Old Albion Inn has arisen. Ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Head / Sous Chef.
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Sous / Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
• To attend training sessions when required.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £220.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 24/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Reliable
Skills Required : No previous experience needed but a passion for working with food and learning new skills is
To be able to work as part of a team
To be able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : The employer is willing to pay for weekly bus travel. The hourly rate for 18/19 is £6.00
Things to consider : Are you able to get to and from work
40 hours per week over 5 days to include weekends and evenings
The map below shows the employer's location