Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Cornubia Inn
Location : Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4DX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01500
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen to learn how to produce classic and contemporary pub food using fresh local ingredients at Cornubia Inn. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Grade 4/C or above in Maths and English is an advantage, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Cornubia Inn is a modern traditional pub serving traditional pub food. They cater for all, with Vegetarian options and a full kids menu. Food is served daily from 12pm-till late. From a gourmet burger or classic fish and chips or just a light bite like sizzling garlic and chilli King Prawns or homemade soup with a baguette, the quality is as good as in any top restaurant - but at an affordable pub price.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to learn how to produce classic and contemporary pub food using fresh local ingredients at Cornubia Inn. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
1. Preparation and cooking of food within the accepted standards
2. Marketing and presentation of food to a high standard
3. Undertake menu planning with [Head Chef/Manager], to include input to menu content, including pricing
4. Order supplies, keep records of stocks, including stock management of the kitchen and checking deliveries for quality
5. Adherence to food hygiene standards including ensuring HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded as required
6. Maintain professional standards within the work place
7. Manage team, including coordinating activities of staff, preparing staff rota’s and conducting training for junior staff to aid their development
8. Work at all times within the codes of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 25 Hours a week minimum
Salary : £125.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 24/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Reliable
• Approachable, with a friendly and professional manner
• High personal standards
Skills Required : Some previous experience of working with food in a commercial environment is an advantage
Able to work as part of a team
[Basic/Intermediate] Food Hygiene Certificate is an advantage
Ability to learn how to manage a food budget
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Are you able to commute to and from work?
Are you able to work weekends and evenings?
25 hours per week (to increase during peak periods, when he pub is busier) to inc weekends and evenings
The map below shows the employer's location