Job Title : Senior Production Chef Apprentice
Employer : Skern Lodge
Location : Bideford, Devon, EX39 1NG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01495
Brief Description : Skern Lodge have an exciting opportunity for a chef to join their team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Senior Production chef Qualification.
Qualifications Required : A level 2 in Professional Cookery / Commis Chef
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Skern Lodge are an outdoor activity and development training centre based in Appledore, North Devon. Established in 1976, Skern Lodge provides education, learning and fun through adventure.
Skern Lodge have an exciting opportunity for a chef who is keen to progress and learn about kitchen supervision to join their team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Senior Production chef Qualification.
• Knowledge of dishwasher
• Catering / cooking skills
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Knowledge of who is who
• Knowledge of Dining room and kitchen systems
• Customer handling
• Waiting on table
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment
• To work in the pot wash sinks
• To be concerned about good quality standards of food and service
• To be aware of stock rotation
• Calmness, when under stress
• To have knowledge of all kitchen equipment
• To have knowledge of fire drill
• To prepare home-made sweets when necessary
• To provide a salad bar with each evening meal
• To keep cleaning schedule updated
• To assist with cover for sickness or holiday
• To report all problems to the Catering Manager
• First aid knowledge - at least one per shift qualified
• Knowledge of cleaning system, and cleaning products
• To complete cleaning schedule
• To assist as Chef
• Participate in team meetings.
• General kitchen duties to include, cleaning, and washing up.
• To complete the diary and temperature control monitoring record.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Salary : £246.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 22/07/2019
Personal Qualities : • Punctuality
• Clean uniform at all times
Skills Required : Ability to communicate
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure
Future Prospects : continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Senior Chef Production Cooking apprenticeship Level 3
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : The wage will reflect the age and experience.
The map below shows the employer's location