Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Bespoke Hotels- Coulsdon Manor
Location : Old Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 2LL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01465
Brief Description : The beautiful Coulsdon Manor Hotel - Part of the Bespoke Hotels group- have an exciting new Commis Chef Apprenticeship opportunity and are recruiting for an Apprentice to join the team and complete a level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship with HIT Training.
Qualifications Required : None required though Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process.
Vacancy Detail : The Apprentice Chef will carry out daily duties as below:
• Prepare and cook dishes on menus according to standards and the Head Chef
• Check items against delivery notes and report any shortfalls
• Maintain secure stock storage
• Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food
• Assist in preparation and cooking of employee meals
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices
• Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order
• Report hazards and maintenance requirements to the Head Chef or Sous Chef
• Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 5 days PW 40 Hours to include any off site training1
Salary : £174.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : • Attention to detail
• Well presented
• Good timekeeping
• Team working.
Skills Required : • Good level of English Language both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Ability to work under pressure
Passionate and motivated with a genuine interest in cooking with fresh ingredients and the culinary arts.
Future Prospects : on completion to be appointed Commis chef in the same kitchen.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Things to consider : Shift timings may vary applicants must be able to commute to and from the site for early mornings and evening shifts.
Working in a kitchen is physically demanding and will involve long periods of physical activity.
The map below shows the employer's location