Job Title : Apprentice Production Chef
Employer : Vegan House Limited
Location : Rushden , Northamptonshire, NN10 0RU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01459
Brief Description : Vegan House is in immediate need of a forward-thinking apprentice Chef/Café Assistant who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends.
Qualifications Required : None required, however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Vegan House Ltd is a new Café which has opened in the heart of Rushden. The café is 100% Vegan and their aim is to promote veganism by providing and serving excellent and delicious food across the country.
The new cafe/restaurant is in immediate need of a forward-thinking apprentice Chef/Café Assistant who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. Alongside this the successful applicant will be working towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
A Chef/Café Assistant will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to diners in a
• Prepare all food items within agreed cooking methods and portion controls.
• Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
• To prepare traditional coffees and other hot and cold drinks as directed, to
the exacting standards required.
• Preserving food quality
• Able to carry out basic food preparation such as washing etc.
• Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene
• Monitoring and managing stock control
• Date labelling and storage of light menu items
• Ensuring rotation of stock is carried out
• Notify the Head Chef of any food shortages
• Make sure at the end of service that all food is correctly stored labelled and
• Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Following all rules and regulations regarding food safety/hygiene within a working kitchen
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours a week
Salary : £117.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Great communication and customer service skills, willing and eager to learn. Have an understanding of veganism.
Skills Required : • Willingness to learn and improve.
• Must have initiative and determination to succeed.
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues and customers.
• Attention to detail with high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
• Committed to improving the business and being flexible to achieve this.
• Must participate as a member of the team.
• Be aware of Veganism and able to answer any question related to Veganism
• Be responsible for the safety of the environment that your customers enjoy.
• Have a keen interest in the catering industry where you can showcase / build upon your skills and knowledge
Future Prospects : To be discussed at interview
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required.
Things to consider : You will be expected to work shifts including our busiest times which will include every Saturday/Sunday.
30 hours Tuesday-Sunday open 10am close latest 7pm weekends mandatory
The map below shows the employer's location