Job Title : Health and Safety Coordinator Apprentice
Employer : Audley Group - Egham
Location : Egham, Surrey, TW20 9EY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01460
Brief Description : A great opportunity has arisen for a keen apprentice to join the Audley Group as a Health and Safety Coordinator, learn the skills alongside working to gain a Level 2 Business Administration Qualification.
Qualifications Required : • Computer literate including Microsoft Office
• GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4 or above preferred. Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Audley is a leading player in the retirement village marketplace, with luxury developments across the UK. There are currently 10 sites with several in development, and many working through various planning stages with exciting plans for further growth.
The Audley Group are offering a fantastic opportunity to work with them as a Health and Safety Coordinator with their current team while working towards gaining a Business Administration Level 2 qualification.
You will be an integral member of the Health and Safety Team assisting with the administration and communication of compliance across the Audley Group.
• You will be responsible managing the on-line accident management database, following up on accident information with Villages and producing monthly statistical reports as necessary.
• You will be responsible for organising site inspections and on occasions attending the site inspection from a learning perspective.
• You will be an integral part of the Health and Safety team and for coordinating team movements
• You will support the administration and development of the ISO Standard for Occupational Health and Safety.
• You will coordinate any training events in village in consultation with the L&D Team
• You will act as the main liaison for the Village Health and Safety Representatives
• You will manage the flow of information, documentation and procedures being implemented across the villages
• You will be mentored and given training in health, safety and risk management
• To attend relevant training courses and complete the Audley On-Line Academy e-learning modules as required within the role
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting Company and staff needs is required by all employees.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5hrs per week
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : • Have a keen interest in compliance and a desire to learn about Occupational health and safety management
• Have a methodical and structured approach to working which can be translated into delivering high standards of service.
• Committed to delivering customer service excellence
Skills Required : • Have effective administrative skills and able to multi task
• Able to communicate/ liaise with people at all levels mainly by telephone but face to face also.
• Previous experience in compliance is not necessary although a willingness to learn is essential
Future Prospects : IOSH- 5 day course
• Occupational health and safety management desired after 12months
• Full time position into advisor role
• Accredited first aid training course
• Optional sector specific training courses
• Further development in specialist subject
Training to be Provided : Business Administration Level 2, Maths, English and ICT if required
The map below shows the employer's location