Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Cha Lounge Ltd
Location : Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1JF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01313
Brief Description : A brilliant opportunity has arisen for someone looking to start a career as a Chef at Cha Lounge, Leeds
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : No experience necessary but a desire to learn and a love of cooking and food are important. In return you will join a small team of dedicated staff at Cha Lounge and learn all aspects of how a kitchen works. The position includes early starts, weekends and sometimes evenings (if we have an event).
Cha Lounge serves Fairtrade, high quality coffee; unique leaf teas from around the world; local draught ales; speciality wines; relaxed and sociable atmosphere!
Along with learning the trade you will be working towards gaining your level 2 qualification.
Duties will include:
• Learn to work safely and effectively serving Customers in a timely and polite manner and ensuring the area is to a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene standards.
• Present a high standard of personal hygiene when working with food
• Proactively assist with the delivery of hospitality events and evening functions in line with set policies and procedures
• Service food efficiently and safely when required or requested
• Understand and contribute to the back of house catering operation and team
• Contribute safely to appropriate food preparation and learn about safe preparation methods
• Learn about and practically implement safe ways of working with food
• Accurately follow safe working practices and ensure any equipment faults are reported to your Supervisor immediately
• Carefully follow cleaning schedules as directed by your supervisor
• Support the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed.
• Using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy.
• Knife skills – the most basic of all chef techniques. Preparing veg is the only real way to hone your skills to enable the necessary coordination, accuracy and speed.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours 5 days out of 7
Salary : £133.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 29/04/2019
Personal Qualities : • Team Work
• Flexibility in tasks and roles
• Cares about not wasting food
• Multi tasker
Skills Required : • Able to work as part of a team
• Able to take instructions
• Able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
The map below shows the employer's location