Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Number 9 Bistro
Location : Newcastle, Northumberland, NE20 9PW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01453
Brief Description : Number 9 are looking for an apprentice commis chef to join their small team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to forge a career within the industry.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Number9 is a new Tapas restaurant and Bistro in the heart of Darras Hall, Ponteland where their focus is on fresh produce, great tapas dishes, great Sunday dinners, and a relaxed atmosphere.
Number 9 are looking for an apprentice commis chef to join their small team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to forge a career within the industry.
The successful candidate would work under supervision, alongside of Head Chef to deliver the best possible standards in terms of food quality and presentation as directed. Over the first year a Level 2 Production Chef qualification will be worked towards.
Duties will include:
* Preparing fresh ingredients daily, assembling,finishing and plating up of dishes.
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
* Undertake all necessary training on Food Safety,food handling and Health and Safety as necessary.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 36 Hours Monday - Sunday 8am-11pm
Salary : £140.40 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 14/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 20/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Punctuality
Eagerness to learn
Passion for food and hospitality industry
Skills Required : Ability to listen
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work as part of a team
Future Prospects : Secure role and future within the business. Progression to higher level qualification
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : We are really looking for someone who wants to forge a career as a chef and is looking for stable employment. Will consider applicants with some experience and review wage to reflect this experience
Things to consider : The role will require working some weekends and evenings.
The map below shows the employer's location