Job Title : Apprentice Pre-School Practitioner Level 3
Employer : Little Hearts Pre-School
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne, Durham, NE16 6NU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01447
Brief Description : Are you looking to progress your childcare career? Little Hearts Nursery are looking for a friendly and reliable individual to join their team.
Qualifications Required : L2 Early Years
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Little Hearts Pre-school are based within the Early Years hub at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. Pre-school offers opportunities for children to play that are structured around the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance to ensure that all children receive quality experiences that support their individual development and learning. Children are welcome from three to four years old.
Little Hearts Pre-school require an apprentice to assist and join their team of dedicated staff that are all highly trained and experienced in childcare and child development. This will include helping with child play, mealtimes, setting up areas, helping to tidy and ensuring the children are safe, secure and happy. Ideally you will have had some experience and are looking to further your training. Alongside this you will be working towards gaining your Level 3 Early Years Qualification.
You will be responsible for monitoring and development of your key children, full support and training will be given.
All policies and procedures of Sacred Hearts Catholic School must be respected and adhered to at all times.
Pre-school Duties to include:
• To plan and implement exciting activities to meet the needs of all children using the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met. Also to be responsible for up to date and accurate learning journals.
• To support all staff and engage in good teamwork. To communicate effevtively with the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the Pre-school.
• Work in partnership with staff (Little Hearts and Sacred Heart), parents/carers and other professionals.
• To safeguard children at all times.
• Record accidents and incidents should they arise.
• To provide high quality care to meet the diverse needs of all children.
• To complete the Early Years qualification in a timely manner.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 36 Hours
Salary : £133.20 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 23/04/2019
Personal Qualities : Friendly, approachable, honest
Sense of fun
Enthusiastic about the job with a genuine career interest in childcare
Skills Required : Willingness to learn.
Ability to use own initiative.
Commitment to working effectively and sensitively with young children and their families and to keep information confidential.
Friendly, polite and flexible approach.
Reliable and punctual.
Ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually.
Good organisational and communicational skills.
Ability to relate to children, especially early years (age 3-4 years)
Future Prospects : You will work toward your L3 Early Years qualification and secure employment upon completion. Our previous apprentices are still employed by the business and are key members of our team.
Training to be Provided : Level 3 Early Years
Maths, English and ICT if required
Other Information : The Pre-school is open term time only, Monday to Friday
Applicants who are successful at interview will be required to complete a trial period of between 3 days - 1 week depending on availability. Full job description will be provided. This will be discussed at interview.
Things to consider : Please check bus routes to the Pre-school if you require public transport. We can be flexible with start and finish times and this can be discussed during interview. We are located in Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School and we are respectful to their policies and procedures, including confidentiality and safeguarding.
The map below shows the employer's location