Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Jack in the Green
Location : Exeter, Devon, EX5 2EE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01438
Brief Description : We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join the kitchen team at the Jack in the Green Exeter, to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by local and seasonal products. They are looking for passionate staff who have a love for food.
Qualifications Required : Grade C or 4 in Maths and English an advantage but not essential, bith will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Expect good local brews on tap and a crystal clear philosophy to serve only the best Devon produce. Both restaurant and pub, the Jack has been Michelin and Good Food Guide Recommended and oozes honesty, panache and that rare four letter word – CARE.
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join the kitchen team at the Jack in the Green Exeter, to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by local and seasonal products. They are looking for passionate staff who have a love for food. Alongside learning the trade the successful applicant will be working towards gaining their Level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
The job role includes:
• Learning to prepare and cook a vast array of ingredients, assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
• Maintaining high levels of service
• Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation,
• Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
• Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them in accordance to your Commis Chef qualification
• Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
• Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Environmental policies and procedures
• Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours
Salary : £220.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated and proactive
• Strong organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
• Great communication skills
• Willingness to follow instruction
• Willing to complete the relevant training and culinary qualifications
Skills Required : A passion for working with high quality ingredients
Some previous experience would be an advantage but not essential
Future Prospects : Continuation to Chef De Partie Level 3 for an outstanding candidate
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : Live in may be available for the right candidate
Things to consider : Are you able to travel to and from work
5 days per week, split shifts to include weekends and evenings
The map below shows the employer's location