Job Title : Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer : The Doyle Collection - The Bristol
Location : Bristol, Bristol, BS1 4QF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01424
Brief Description : If you like working as part of a team and love cooking up a storm, this great chance to join the kitchen brigade at The Doyle Collection is the perfect opportunity.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Doyle Collection is a carefully curated collection of eight Irish family-owned luxury and urban hotels located centrally in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol. What binds their hotels together is the Doyle service ethos - a real warmth and thoughtfulness.
As a Chef Apprentice you will love all things food and want to be part of a kitchen team that works together to plate up tasty, fresh, good looking dishes. The Doyle Collection are looking for flexible and dedicated Apprentices who enjoy being part of a team and want to establish a career with them.
As a Chef Apprentice with the Doyle Collection, you will receive all the training, support and development to be able to prepare, cook and present dishes of an excellent standard. You will learn knife skills, food safety, understand how to read a recipe, team work and more.
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will not only work in the kitchen alongside their Chefs, but also receive training and support from a nationally recognised training provider. After the successful completion of the one year Apprenticeship programme, you will be guaranteed a full time job with one of their UK or Ireland hotels.
Duties will include:
• Ingredient preparation
• Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
• Plating up and presentation of food
• Taking instruction from senior chefs
• Cleaning and clearing down work stations
• Working in a safe manner at all times
• Portion control
We are delighted that the Doyle Collection has been listed as one of the Best Large Workplaces in 2017 and again in 2018.
Number of Positions Available : 5
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £318.40 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/04/2019
Personal Qualities : • A passion for food
• A hard working attitude
• Keen sense of humour
• Willingness to help out
Skills Required : • Timekeeping
• Literacy to a level you are comfortable to read menus
• Numeracy to a level you are able to measure ingredients
Future Prospects : As a Chef Apprentice, you will be working for the family owned Doyle Collection Hotel group, which means there are plenty of opportunities for your kitchen career to grow in the UK and further afield in Ireland and the USA!
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English is required.
Other Information : The perks of working as a Chef Apprentice with The Doyle Collection
• 28 days of holiday including public holidays, increasing with length of service
• Free meals on duty as well as breakfast to get you started and all day tea and coffee for the caffeine lovers
• Discounted hotel rooms in the UK, Ireland and USA for you, your family and friends
• 50% off food when dining with the Doyle Collection
• Great location with easy access to public transport
• In-house training team dedicated to your personal development
• Reward and recognition programmes (earn bonuses, restaurant meals, overnight stays and extra days off!)
• Save money with our Cycle to Work scheme and plan for your future with our pension
• Staff summer parties, Christmas parties and regular team get togethers
• Plus more …
Things to consider : Kitchens are hot and they can be high pressure environments. However, you will learn a lot, get a great education, obtain excellent skills and friends for life.
Flexible shifts, 5 days out 7, 40 hours per week
The map below shows the employer's location