Job Title : Food Production Apprentice.
Employer : HQ Theatres - G Live
Location : Guildford, Surrey
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01433
Brief Description : As a Food Production and Cooking Apprentice you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation and operation functions across the hospitality department at the G-Live Theatre in Historic Guildford.
Qualifications Required : Maths and English GCSE – Grade A-C .
Vacancy Detail : The G-Live Theatre in Guildford is one of 12 venues within HQ Theatres & Hospitality’s (HQT&H) current portfolio of regional theatres and concert halls. HQT&H combine their theatrical expertise with bespoke and innovative catering solutions.
We are looking for an ambitious and organised self-starter who is keen to get started with a career in hospitality. With training and support, you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation in the kitchen and also gain operational experience in locations across our hospitality department; this includes working front of house in the café and restaurant.
The successful candidate will maintain a flexible attitude towards the operation of all points of sale and have the ability to move between stations when on duty. They will work effectively and productively within the kitchen and front of house operating in a fair and equal manner that demonstrates effective teamwork. Adhering to all Group and Theatre Health & Safety at Work procedures, they will ensure all work spaces are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness, giving a positive first impression.
The apprentice will be trained in all aspects of a professional catering environment including:
* Food preparation and cooking.
* Customer service.
* Health and Safety.
* Working in a team.
* Time management.
* Serving hot and cold beverages.
* Working in a team.
* Preparing and cooking a range of hot and cold foods.
* Following food safety and health and safety procedures.
* Arranging the service area to present food in a professional manner.
* Receiving deliveries.
* Serving customers.
* Handling cash/card transactions.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours p/w incl. evenings,weekends, B/Holidays.
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 16/10/2019
Personal Qualities : • A ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive, flexible approach to the job role, work colleagues and peers.
• A presentable, professional and approachable manner
• A willingness to work evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays as required.
• An enthusiasm to undertake training, learning, development and assessment relevant to the apprenticeship standard and the job role.
• An interest in and enthusiasm for developing a career in hospitality.
Skills Required : • The ability to pay attention to detail and work consistently to achieve standards.
• The aptitude to listen, respond to, and respect other peoples’ points of view.
• The ability to act on feedback to improve personal methods of working.
• An ability to understand and adhere to safe working practices and quality standards in a professional kitchen.
• The ability to work accurately, calmly and effectively in a busy work environment.
Future Prospects : HQ Theatres will support current and on-going employment of successful Apprentices in line with Business needs.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member with Food Production. Functional skills Level 1 Maths and English as required.
Other Information : HQ Theatres are committed to providing excellent training and career benefits, the pay rate will be £6.66p/h for Apprentices aged 16-20 , £7.70 for Apprentices aged 21-24 and £8.21 for Apprentices aged 25 and above. This is above the National Apprenticeship wage of £3.90 p/h for Apprentices in the first 12 months of their programme.
Things to consider : Commitment and passion is essential for this role alongside a genuine interest in the hospitality sector.
The map below shows the employer's location