Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Ring of Bells
Location : Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8RB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01415
Brief Description :
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chefs to join the kitchen team at the Ring of bells, North Bovey, to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by local and seasonal products. They are looking for a passionate person to join their friendly team
Qualifications Required : Grades C or 4 in Maths and English is an advantage but not essential, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The Ring of Bells Inn, North Bovey, Dartmoor is a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike, with good West Country real ales, a specially-selected wine list and a menu that prides itself on locally sourced ingredients.
They are currently recruiting for a Commis Chefs to join the kitchen team to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by local and seasonal products. They are looking for a passionate person to join their friendly team who will also work towards gaining their Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a proactive individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food using fresh local produce.
The job role includes:
• Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the
• Maintaining high levels of service
• Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation,
• Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
• Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
• Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
• Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and
Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
• Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
• To complete course work and attend chef academy workshops as part of your Commis Chef qualification
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 29/04/2019
Personal Qualities : Keen
Willing to learn
Skills Required : Able to work as part of a team in a busy environment.
Able to take instructions
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment and possible progression to Level 3
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Are you able to travel to and from work, Newton Abbot is 30 mins, Bovey Tracey 15 mins, Exeter 40 Minutes. There are not any public transport options available.
5 days per week, inc weekends and evenings, under 18 years will be 40 hours
The map below shows the employer's location