Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Alpha LSG
Location : Heston, London, TW5 9NJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01416
Brief Description : Alpha LSG are one of the leading providers of Airline catering services to the leading airline companies in the UK, Alpha have an exciting opportunity for 6 new Commis Chef Apprentices to join the fantastic team at Heathrow Airport.
Qualifications Required : Maths & English Functional Skills to level 2
Vacancy Detail : At Alpha LSG, we are proud to be a leading provider of in-flight catering and logistics across the UK. If you are passionate about food, want to work with Michelin starred chefs, and possess a desire to work hard, learn and develop we want you to be a part of our future and continued success!
We will provide you with regular training, development and mentoring by experienced members of the ALSG team and our training partners.
Your daily Duties and Training will include:
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Head / Sous Chef.
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Sous / Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Alpha LSG.
• To attend training sessions when required.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours on rota
Salary : £313.20 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/03/2019
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about food, quality and ingredients
• To be a self-disciplined person who takes a real pride in what they
• To have a flexible approach to work and have an ability to withstand the
pressure of working in a busy environment
• Enjoy working as part of a team
Skills Required : • Basic numeracy skills
• Effective communication skills
• Experience in kitchens or hospitality is desirable
• Experience of cooking or preparing food
Future Prospects : On successful completion of your apprenticeship, we hope that you will take up a permanent role within Alpha LSG and take advantage of further development to progress your career with us.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard.
Other Information : • Free hot drinks on site
• Free lunch and dinner on site
• Great Working Environment
• Uniform, safety shoes and PPE provided
Things to consider : As part of our recruitment process we carry out a full 5 year employment check and criminal records check on all successful applicants in order to comply with Civil Aviation Authority regulations. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
The map below shows the employer's location