Job Title : Facilities Management Supervisor Apprenticeship
Employer : MMD (Shipping Services) Limited
Location : Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 7SP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01402
Brief Description : Working for MMD (Shipping Services) Limited based in Portsmouth, the successful candidate will do a variety of interesting tasks and work with a lively team. They will be expected to problem solve as well as maintain and repair buildings and equipment.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Level 4 (C) or above in both Maths and English Language. Some basic IT skills would be essential. Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Working for MMD (Shipping Services) Limited based in Portsmouth, the successful candidate will do a variety of interesting tasks and work with a lively team. They will be expected to problem solve as well as maintain and repair buildings and equipment. Alongside this, the successful candidate will be working towards gaining a Level 3 Facilities Management Supervisor Qualification.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving, ensuring that all repair and maintenance requirements are fulfilled within the companies’ budgetary limits. This position will require the ability to work under pressure, tight time constraints while managing conflicting priorities. In addition the post-holder will deliver excellent customer service and cross-functional cooperation/alignment as part of the operations team.
• Assisting the Facilities & Projects Manager and Facilities Assistant/Planner organise and manage in-house staff, service agreed contractual staff and casual contractors.
• Ensure that the facilities management service meets contractual requirements and service targets.
• Resolve customer service queries and issues in accordance with contractual requirements; monitor customer service issues in order to prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensure maintenance works are performed in a safe manner, compliant with current working practices including: Risk Assessments for generic works and new work, operational equipment, workshop machinery and facilities staff.
• Ensure compliance records are maintained & completed.
• Monitor the costs of the facilities management service to ensure the budget is not exceeded.
• Procure supplies for the facilities management service and maintain relationships with suppliers.
• Ensure that equipment covered by statutory regulations is kept up to date with certification and that associated documentation is compliant and available, including COSHH, Calibrated equipment, Lifting gear, Fire equipment, Electrical testing, PAT testing, Waste oil/material disposal.
• Monitor asset performance and formulate technical files relating to them, produce planned maintenance specifications and working procedures, advise the Facilities & Projects Manager on equipment status and repair/replacement requirements.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.00-17.00
Salary : £288.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Willing
Excellent time keeping
Good communication skills
Able to implement their initiative
Skills Required : Practical ability
Good time management skills
Able to take, follow and implement instructions (both verbal and written)
Good English, Maths and IT skills
Must understand and adhere to safety protocols at all times
Able to think under pressure
Capable of understanding contractual requirements so that customers can be helped efficiently
Ability to understand business requirements and targets
Future Prospects : Potential for secure employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship. Possibility of progressing to another relevant apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Facilities Management Supervisor apprenticeship
Maths and English if required
Other Information : MMD (Shipping Services) Limited will require candidates over the age of 18 to comply with the health and safety within Port Regulations.
Things to consider : There may be the possibility of showing flexibility in line with business requirements (on call or out of hours working)
The map below shows the employer's location