Job Title : Apprentice Front of House Supervisor
Employer : Baxterstorey
Location : Reading , Berkshire, RG6 1PT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01387
Brief Description : Baxterstorey HQ at Reading have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Front of House Supervisor to join the team and assist in the delivery of an excellent catering and Hospitality Service to the staff and Visitors at this bright, modern office.
Qualifications Required : Minimum Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English or GCSE Grade C/4/5 and above in Maths and English.
Good IT skills as the role will involve interpretation of data and use of some in-house and Microsoft Office software.
Vacancy Detail : • To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through out catering areas and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
• To treat your team members at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To cooperate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
• To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required. To rigorously follow the unit cleaning schedules.
• To attend all location meetings as required.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or BaxterStorey Management.
Duties will also include supervising the Operational side of working in the Catering department carrying out daily checks for food hygiene and Health and Safety, carrying out and supervising daily cleaning, open and closedown tasks, organising staff rotas including breaks where necessary.
The Apprentice will learn and develop catering and Hospitality skills including the cooking and preparation of menu items, hot and cold beverages, training staff and developing leadership skills as well as stock management and stock ordering.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 37.5hrs
Salary : £318.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/03/2019
Personal Qualities : * Friendly, personable and reliable.
* Committed and passionate about good standards in Hospitality.
* Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities with positive outlook.
* Desire to learn and support learning and development of colleagues.
Skills Required : Basic food preparation knowledge, Customer Service experience in Retail or Catering, preferably with some leadership/supervisory responsibilities.
* Ability to lead by example.
* Conscientious with good attention to detail.
* Enthusiastic and well presented.
* Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to manage conflicting tasks.
Future Prospects : Full time role with Baxterstorey and potential for further development upon successful completion of programme
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Leader Apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 2), Functional Skills English (Level 2).
Things to consider : This will be a fast paced role and will involve long periods of standing and Physical activity.
The map below shows the employer's location