Job Title : Food and Beverage Apprentice
Employer : Harbour Hotels - Salcombe
Location : Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8JH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01380
Brief Description : The stunning Harbour Hotel in Salcombe have an exciting new opportunity to appoint a Hospitality Apprentice to complete a level 2 Hospitality Team member Apprenticeship, the Apprentice will learn all aspects of the Food and Beverage service at the Hotel.
Qualifications Required : None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : • Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of creating a great first impression to our guest by having the highest standards of personal presentation.
• Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
• Prepare set ups for tables, rooms and/or counter service.
• Follow cash and credit/debit card handling procedures.
• Manage customer queries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Up-selling with latest departmental incentives.
• Ensure compliance of brand standards.
• Strive to achieve departmental targets in sales and operations.
• Ensure cleanliness of work areas both front and back of house.
• Comply with departmental and building security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
• Comply with local licensing laws if applicable and undertake all necessary training.
• Be environmentally aware and report any hazards where necessary.
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships at all times.
• Comply with food safety legislation and maintain accurate records of compliance.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 + Hours per week, includes evening/weekend working.
Salary : £320.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/02/2019
Personal Qualities : * The desire to learn new skills and techniques.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work under instruction with good attention to detail.
* Reliable, responsible with a 'can do' attitude.
* Genuine desire to work in Hospitality/Hotel environment.
Skills Required : * Confidence and willingness to go the extra mile for your team.
* Commitment and passion for the hospitality industry.
* Some previous high volume Hospitality work experience would be an advantage.
* Ability to work under pressure and/or under instruction.
Future Prospects : Continuation of employment and for an outstanding candidate progression to level 3 Hospitality Supervisor
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Things to consider : This role will require the Apprentice to work Evenings, Weekends and Bank Holidays when required.
Hospitality can be physically demanding and Apprentices will be on their feet for the majority of the day.
The map below shows the employer's location