Job Title : Apprentice Facilities Services - Maintenance
Employer : Servomex
Location : Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 3FB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Cleaning and Facilities
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01363
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen with Servomex for an apprentice to join the team, assisting the Site Services Manager.
Qualifications Required : No existing skills and experience expected but an interest in the hands-on practical running of a working site advantageous:
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Servomex is part of Spectris plc, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. Spectris is a leading supplier of productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls. The Company’s products and technologies help customers to improve product quality and performance, improve core manufacturing processes, reduce downtime and wastage and reduce time to market. Its global customer base spans a diverse range of end user markets. Spectris operates across four business segments which reflect the applications and industries it serves: Materials Analysis, Test and Measurement, In-line Instrumentation and Industrial Controls.
An opportunity has arisen with Servomex for an apprentice to join the team, assisting the Site Services Manager to ensure the security and maintenance of the premises and its contents, you will learn the operation of the alarm systems, preventative and reactive maintenance and operation of plant including heating, cleaning of premises all whilst work towards gaining a Level 2 Facilities Services Qualification.
Duties will include:
• Assisting the Site Services Manager in all day-to-day tasks related to our working site.
• To undertake work in a safe and effective manner complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures.
• To undertake general caretaking duties to include a wide range of unsupervised routine and non-routine maintenance and minor repair work
• To undertake general maintenance duties
• To attend future training courses and skills programmes provided by the organisation (i.e. Forklift/ Cherry Picker etc) alongside the Apprenticeship scheme.
• Assist in the regular testing of alarm systems
• Support contractors and be the point of contact on site
• Understand the principles of H&S expectations
• Communicate messages to other members of the organisation where required
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 38 hrs a week Monday to Friday
Salary : £278.84 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/01/2019
Personal Qualities : • Self-disciplined, responsible and able to work on own initiative
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Work to tight deadlines
• Lives locally to the UKTC to react to callouts (where required)
• Practically minded and interested in developing practical skills.
Skills Required : • Excellent communication skills
• An effective communicator both written & oral
• Ability to plan, prioritise and allocate work
• Team player
• Computer literate
Future Prospects : The right person could be taken on in full time employment
Training to be Provided : Facilities services apprenticeship including Level 2 Diploma in Facilities Services
Maths and English if required
Other Information : Servomex offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with its status as a world class organisation committed to high performance, customer focus and employee empowerment.
The map below shows the employer's location