Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Aramark@ EDF Energy
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01359
Brief Description : A fantastic opportunity to work in one of ARAMARK’s Client sites in Gloucester, working with our highly experienced Chefs this is a great opportunity to undertake a Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship with HIT Training.
Qualifications Required : An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 16 years or over. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Vacancy Detail : Working on a prestigious contract, the Apprentice Chef will gain excellent experience from our head chef and culinary team.
The candidate will be exposed to various levels of food service provision and delivery through preparing breakfast and Lunch main meals, Hospitality and External events.
The Apprentice Chef will be joining a kitchen team who produce fresh food for a breakfast & Lunch service, Hospitality Internal and External conference events.
The candidate will carry out a multitude of tasks to develop their required skills through:
Engaging with customers and fellow colleagues and understanding the commercial systems and processes utilised through the site
Mise-en-place production, Breakfast and main course production, learning and understanding commercial due diligence, maintaining health & safety legislative requirements, delivering compliance through food safety regulations,.
For the right candidates there will be the opportunity to progress within ARAMARK and develop culinary skills and progress into a variety of Culinary roles within ARAMARK.
The apprentice will complete a Commis Chef Apprenticeship (L2) with HIT Training which includes Functional Skills (Maths, English) as necessary.
For the duration of the apprenticeship you will be coached, guided and mentored towards your qualification. The mentor will also guide you along with HIT Training and your assessor toward your final goal at becoming a fully qualified chef within ARAMARK.
Position – Apprentice Chef
Key Responsibilities –
• Working in a team and being guided through processes of working to recipe specifications.
• Engagement with customers and team members at all levels in the workplace.
• Gain Full knowledge of all menu items cooked and served to our customers.
• Approach and complete tasks with pride and enthusiasm, support your colleagues if you have completed your own tasks.
• Learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
• Take personal responsibility for the quality of the work you complete at all times and actively seek ways to improve and enhance our food service.
• Complete all tasks as directed by the senior team.
• Work effectively and efficiently with the team.
• Rotate around the kitchen working all areas as requested and Undertake relevant training as required.
• Work in the kitchen carrying out preparation and taking responsibility for a designated activity as directed by the senior team.
• Maintenance of food quality and integrity of items.
• Maintenance of food levels throughout all service periods.
• Attend all training sessions and meetings as requested by the management.
• Ensure all store areas and equipment under your control are clean, tidy and comply with food safety, health and hygiene regulations.
• Comply with the food production requirements within the kitchen area of responsibility. Comply with Health & Safety Regulations.
• Assisting with the compilation of all shift opening and closing checks with the team.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours per week Monday- Friday
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/02/2019
Personal Qualities : Friendly, Enthusiastic, Works well as part of a team or using their own initiative, self motivated, passionate and interested about food, willingness to learn new skills.
Skills Required : · Passion for food.
· Quality focused.
· Customer focused.
· Effective team worker.
· Ownership and accountability.
· Positive attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Follow instructions.
· Willingness to learn.
Good Level of spoken English and communication skills, Basic Food Hygiene a preference.
Engagement with customers and team members at all levels in your workplace.
Future Prospects : Possibility of career development following successful completion of Commis Chef Programme
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Other Information : There are good transport links to the site on the bus, No.10 travelling from Cheltenham via Gloucester Bus Station every 10 minutes stopping outside EDF Barnwood.
No prior experience necessary, but a passion for cooking and basic knowledge around a kitchen is important. Previous kitchen experience an advantage.
Things to consider : The working hours for this role will usually be Monday - Friday 09.00am - 15.00pm, though some flexibility may be required.
The map below shows the employer's location