Job Title : Reception(Front of House) Apprentice
Employer : St Giles Hotel London
Location : London , London, WC1B 3GH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01358
Brief Description : The St Giles Hotel in London have an exciting Opportunity to appoint an Apprentice Receptionist to meet and greet guests and operate the switchboard of this busy 3 star Central London Hotel.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : St Giles Hotel in London occupy an enviable Central London location with excellent transport links available from the Hotel throughout London, this is a busy Hotel popular for Business and Leisure with our Guests.
Working Front of House it is essential that our staff have a real interest in making our guests feel welcome and take advantage of this fantastic training opportunity!
The Apprenticeship will lead to a Hospitality Team Member Standard qualification with further opportunities for career development upon successful completion of the 12 month programme.
The Apprentice Receptionist(Front of House) will include:
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours p/w shifts between 06.45 am - 22.30 hrs
Salary : £313.20 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 14/01/2019
Personal Qualities : • Warm and engaging personality.
• Self motivated and eager to learn new skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Excellent Organisation skills.
• Well presented.
Skills Required : • Good Communication Skills.
• Pleasant telephone manner and problem solving skills.
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft and Google systems.
Must enjoy working as part of a team and building great working relationships between departments.
Genuine interest in Hospitality, reliable, punctual and professional at all times.
Future Prospects : To be discussed at interview.
Training to be Provided : L2 Hospitality team member
Maths and English if required.
Other Information : Rota is on a shift basis, 5 days out of 7 days, including weekends and bank holidays
Things to consider : Shifts are allocated on a rota basis and are designed to fit the needs of the Business, this will involve some early start times and late finish times.
The map below shows the employer's location