Job Title : General Hospitality Apprentice
Employer : Baxterstorey - Birmingham Uni South
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 3TN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01351
Brief Description : Baxterstorey at Birmingham University have an exciting opportunity for a new Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship at their site in Birmingham, this Apprenticeship is a tailored first class opportunity to develop a career in Hospitality with Baxterstorey
Qualifications Required : Basic skills in food service all other training will be supported by BaxterStorey in Partnership with HIT Training.
Vacancy Detail : On this Apprenticeship with Baxterstorey you will learn how to improve and build on existing Hospitality skills and train to be a 1st Class Barista and Catering team member.
You will be preparing and serving food and hot and cold Beverages in the restaurant/Serverie, including learning how to prepare delicious drinks and menu items.
This role will be fast paced and exciting with loads of customer interaction and teamwork and will give you a recognised Hospitality qualification, your duties will include:
On a day to day basis you can expect to:
• Consistently deliver excellent coffee standards and use all tools available e.g. coffee check audits and training materials.
• Support and engage in team work and deliver an excellent customer experience.
• Carry out daily and weekly Cleaning tasks, Manage stock and follow in-house Food Safety and Health and Safety Practices.
• Engage customers and strive for excellence, ensuring customer experience is best in class, this includes maintaining the customer seating areas - clearing and cleaning throughout the day.
• Undertake all necessary training and commit to managing own studies as part of the Apprenticeship.
• Cook, prepare and present menu items to customers and serve customers at the counter.
• Maximise sales when possible to ensure sales targets by promoting products and sharing product knowledge with the customers.
The General Hospitality Assistant role will involve serving at the counter, making coffees, stock replenishing, collecting deliveries, making sandwiches, serving on deli bar, pot wash, general kitchen
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours p/w Mon- Fri occasional Weekend work required.
Salary : £220.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Loyal, hardworking enthusiastic and enjoy working in a catering environment.
Skills Required : Must have good customer service skills, have a passion for fresh food and the ability to train and gain marketing and retail experience.
Future Prospects : This is a large university campus in Birmingham with 4 Campuses, a candidate with a can do attitude on completion of the course would be open to multiple opportunities with the option to progress to the next level.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member level 2 Apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Other Information : The shift timings involve early starts, please ensure that you are able to commute to the location.
Things to consider : Travel times there may be some early starts
Getting to work transport (cost etc)
Parking there is no parking at the City Centre locations
The map below shows the employer's location