Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Brewhouse & Kitchen- Gloucester
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 5SH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01330
Brief Description : Brewhouse and Kitchen have an exciting opportunity for Apprentice Commis Chefs to undertake a training programme on a journey to become outstanding Chefs and join the Kitchen Teams in creating a first class dining experience and learn fantastic new skills.
Qualifications Required : None required though Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process.
Vacancy Detail : Brewhouse and Kitchen that only serves the good stuff. Fresh, seasonal, quality dishes from menus and specials boards written by the chef teams in each pub.
You'll need to be a creative, passionate foodie, who loves the industry you work and a thirst to always learn more. If you're hungry to succeed, you're in the right place!
Apprentice Chef - Job Description
Job Title: Apprentice Chef
Reporting to: Executive Head Chef
Overall Objectives: To assist in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times whilst studying for Level 2 Commis Chef Standard qualification.
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by their line manager.
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• To ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your line manager and attending training courses as identified.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or management.
• To attend training sessions when required.
• To complete all course work as directed by your assessor.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 5 days a week, 48 hours
Salary : £380.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/03/2019
Personal Qualities : * Genuine passion for great food and great service.
* Reliable, trustworthy, calm under pressure.
* A good communicator and team player.
* Focused with Great attention to detail.
Skills Required : * Some experience in a kitchen environment is helpful.
* Communication skills, along with a desire to progress & grow with us.
* Some knowledge of good hygiene practises in the kitchen and in Hospitality.
* Ability to multi-task/manage conflicting priorities.
Future Prospects : As a Kitchen at Brewhouse and Kitchen we offer a variety of courses for you to master your skills and develop towards the next step in your career. This includes nationally recognised apprenticeships.
For our Commis chefs you will be able to gain valuable experience on your “Yes Chef” programme. You will learn some amazing culinary skills, and attend workshops in Fish mongering, butchery, cooking with beer, bread and pastry making.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard.
Functional skills level 1 Maths and English if required.
Other Information : Our Kitchen Behaviours
Integrity – You do what is right even when it isn’t easy.
Fun – You bring the best you to work, and smile even when the going gets tough
Passion – You want to learn and develop and master your role
Guest First – Although you are not directly facing guests, you understand how integral your role is to ensuring an exception guest experience
Length – 2 weeks
Location – 2 weeks (full time equivalent)
Your first day is completing that important paperwork with your manager. You will then go through a 10 shift plan taking you around each area of the kitchen ending up on the pass plating up with the Head Chef. You will also have access to FLOW our e-learning system in which you will gain nationally recognised certificates in food safety.
Things to consider : Working in a fast-paced kitchen environment can be tough and physically demanding but lots of fun! Role will require long period of standing.
The map below shows the employer's location