Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Baxterstorey -Horizon
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL3 4AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01335
Brief Description : Baxterstorey have an exciting opportunity at Horizon Nuclear Power to complete a full Commis Chef Apprenticeship all within great working hours! The successful Apprentice will usually work Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm.
Qualifications Required : None required though candidates with some commercial kitchen experience would be preferred.
Vacancy Detail : Apprentice Chef - Job Description
Job Title: Apprentice Chef
Reporting to: Executive Head Chef
Overall Objectives: To assist in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times whilst studying for Level 2 Commis Chef Standard qualification.
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by their line manager.
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• To ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your line manager and attending training courses as identified.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or management.
• To attend training sessions when required.
• To complete all course work as directed by your assessor.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours per Week Mon-Fri.
Salary : £187.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 14/01/2019
Personal Qualities : Team worker, good communicator, keen to learn, motivational, inspired by fresh food.
• You are passionate about good food
• You like interacting with others
• You are friendly and sociable
• You are enthusiastic and have the desire to get stuck in.
Skills Required : Must have good standard of spoken and written English with good communication skills.
An interest and love of fresh food and cooking and:
• Like interacting with others
• Can demonstrate a commitment to ongoing development and learning
• Are ambitious and keen to get on the career ladder
• Must be reliable, hardworking and conscientious
Future Prospects : Further development and assistance in securing a commis chef role at the completion of apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Commis Chef Standard.
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Other Information : The shift timings involve early starts, please ensure that you are able to commute to the location.
Things to consider : Working as a Chef involves working under pressure and at a fast pace, the role will involve long periods of standing and physical activity.
The map below shows the employer's location