Job Title : Apprentice Hospitality Team Member
Employer : Baxterstorey -Horizon
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL3 4AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01334
Brief Description : Baxterstorey at Horizon Nuclear Power have an exciting opportunity for a new Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship at their site in Gloucester, this Apprenticeship is a tailored first class opportunity to develop a career in Hospitality with Baxterstorey
Qualifications Required : An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 16 years or over and must be working in the hospitality and catering sector for at least 30 hours a week. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Vacancy Detail : On this Apprenticeship with Baxterstorey you will learn how to improve and build on existing Hospitality skills and train to be a 1st Class Barista and Catering team member.
You will be preparing and serving food and hot and cold Beverages in the restaurant/Serverie, including learning how to prepare delicious drinks and menu items.
This role will be fast paced and exciting with loads of customer interaction and teamwork and will give you a recognised Hospitality qualification, your duties will include:
On a day to day basis you can expect to:
• Consistently deliver excellent coffee standards and use all tools available e.g. coffee check audits and training materials.
• Support and engage in team work and deliver an excellent customer experience.
• Carry out daily and weekly Cleaning tasks, Manage stock and follow in-house Food Safety and Health and Safety Practices.
• Engage customers and strive for excellence, ensuring customer experience is best in class, this includes maintaining the customer seating areas - clearing and cleaning throughout the day.
• Undertake all necessary training and commit to managing own studies as part of the Apprenticeship.
• Cook, prepare and present menu items to customers and serve customers at the counter.
• Maximise sales when possible to ensure sales targets by promoting products and sharing product knowledge with the customers.
The General Hospitality Assistant role will involve serving at the counter, making coffees, stock replenishing, collecting deliveries, making sandwiches, serving on deli bar, pot wash, general kitchen
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours p/w Monday-Friday
Salary : £187.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 14/01/2019
Personal Qualities : A warm and friendly personality.
Honest and reliable.
Flexible and helpful.
Enthusiastic with a passion for great customer service.
Skills Required : Customer service and 'people' awareness.
The ability to work under a busy environment.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Organised and resourceful.
Future Prospects : Opportunity for further career development with Baxterstorey depending on operational needs at the site.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification.
Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English if required.
Other Information : An offer of employment will only be made upon receipt of satisfactory references.
Things to consider : This is a fast paced role and will involve long periods of standing.
The map below shows the employer's location