Job Title : Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer : The White Horse Inn
Location : Sutton, West Sussex, RH20 1PS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01327
Brief Description : The White Horse Inn is a modern British pub in an 18th century setting, situated in the centre of the village of Sutton, who are looking for an apprentice commis chef to join their busy kitchen team.
Qualifications Required : None Required, However, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : The White Horse Inn is a modern British pub in an 18th century setting. Situated in the centre of the village of Sutton, in the lee of the South Downs and in the heart of the South Downs National Park, it is welcoming and relaxing. If you have a passion for food, like to be creative and want to join our team as a Commis Chef this role is perfect for you.
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
• To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• Awareness of how the role impacts on the hotel profit and loss account.
• Must be aware of hotel facilities, restaurant / bar opening times, disabled facilities, room types etc.
• Know who to direct guests to if unable to answer queries.
• Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
• In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate.
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £346.15 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/02/2019
Personal Qualities : • Good hygiene
• Keen to learn
Skills Required : • Awareness of food safety skills
• Awareness of health and safety skills.
• Good team player
• Able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : full time job - next level of training to CDP
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Commis chef
Maths and English is required
Other Information : Training on site and a pay rise after one year working at the pub, tips included.
Things to consider : Reliable transport required as The White Horse is set in a very rural location.
The map below shows the employer's location