Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Harrison Catering- John Fisher School.
Location : Purley, Surrey, CR8 3YP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01321
Brief Description : Harrison Catering are recruiting for an Apprentice Chef to join the team at The John Fisher School. The Apprentice will learn the role of the Chef in the day to day operations/food production of a catering establishment within the Education Sector.
Qualifications Required : None required though Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process.
Vacancy Detail : Duties will include learning how to prepare, cook and serve food. The candidate will also learn about food hygiene, food safety, the principles of HACCP and COSHH, the school food standards and the legal rules and regulations that govern the catering industry.
Duties will include learning how to plan and implement new menu's and how to identify/manage allergens in food, training will also be given to the candidate in customer service via the company 'SMILE' programme as well as the following:
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours p/w M-F
Salary : £195.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Reliable.
Good work ethic.
Attention to detail.
Passion for great food and Customer satisfaction.
Skills Required : Good communication.
Able to use initiative.
Ability to work fast and well under pressure.
Ability to follow instruction.
Future Prospects : Harrison are a large national company with many opportunities arising in many local area's.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English if required.
Other Information : All candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will also be required to provide 2 references. Uniform and equipment will be provided.
Things to consider : Working in the Catering industry can often be a pressurised environment where employees will need to be focused fully on the job they are undertaking and also be aware of the physical aspect of the working day ie - lifting and carrying catering equipment when necessary - pots/pans/tins etc.
The map below shows the employer's location