Job Title : Apprentice Hospitality Team Member
Employer : The Three Horseshoes (King Arthur Inns)
Location : Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6DG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Pubs and Bars
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01279
Brief Description : A great chance for an apprentice to join the team at The Three Horseshoes, learn the hospitality trade and gain a qualification.
Qualifications Required : • Preferred GCSE at C or above (4 - 9) in English and maths or equivalents but not essential, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : A great chance for an apprentice to join the team at The Three Horseshoes, learn the hospitality trade and gain a qualification.
The Three Horseshoes is located in the quiet Hamlet of Wixford, approximately six miles from historic Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. The property which was originally a row of cottages and a blacksmith’s forge, has been beautifully refurbished in a contemporary style which is sympathetic to its classic features.
Our kitchen team has prepared a menu of classic, home cooked British food from fresh, wherever possible, locally sourced ingredients. Our front of house team brings individuality, personality and style to table service making your dining experience memorable.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a structured programme that will develop your skills and knowledge with real life experience, working alongside a professional team within one of our many venues, developing and delivering a high end food and beverage service. King Arthur standards are high, therefore, successful candidates should be eager to learn, flexible in their approach and have a passion for food, people and delivery. They must have an interest in innovation and creativity with a can do attitude.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Strive to serve food and beverages to King Arthur Inns standard and specification
• Follow all King Arthur Inns standards in relation to service, speed of service and hospitality
• Prepared to learn from experienced team members on how to work/run all relevant food and beverage areas
• To attend daily briefings and carry out the shift duties assigned by the catering manager within the operational area
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues
• Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Meet all health and hygiene requirements when handling food and/or operating equipment
• Adhere to dress code and personal hygiene standards at all times
• Ensure that you attend work when required by checking the rota on a regular basis
• To adhere to Health & Safety, Fire, Food Safety and licencing regulations at all times
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Punctual and reliable
• Good work ethic
• Flexible and pro-active approach to work duties and hours
• Committed to completing the Apprenticeship programme by combining work based learning, assessment and independent study
• Forward thinking
• Positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• Work under pressure
• Flexible approach
Skills Required : • Good customer service skills
• Basic computer literacy would be advantageous
• Good attitude and understanding of health and safety and food safety
• Good communication
• Good organisation and time management
Future Prospects : Successful candidate's may be given the opportunity to progress to a higher level Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship where they can work towards becoming a team leader.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Our Promise:
• We invest in developing your talents to help you progress your chosen career and deliver outstanding performance.
• We care about your health and well-being and, therefore, will ensure we reward outstanding performance to help you and your family live happy lives.
• Have your say, we will listen. As we want you engaged and always inspired by King Arthur Inns values and cultures.
The map below shows the employer's location