Job Title : Apprentice Hospitality Team Member
Employer : The Red House (King Arthur Inns)
Location : Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, MK16 8BG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Pubs and Bars
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01277
Brief Description : The Red House have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their team, learn the trade and gain a qualification
Qualifications Required : • Preferred GCSE at C or above (4 - 9) in English and maths or equivalents but not essential, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : The Red House have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their team, learn the trade and gain a qualification
We are a traditional British Pub, Carvery and Restaurant that brings you everything that you would expect from a quality local including cold beer, cask ales, fair trade coffee and a large selection of wines to suit all tastes.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a structured programme that will develop your skills and knowledge with real life experience, working alongside a professional team within one of our many venues, developing and delivering a high end food and beverage service. King Arthur standards are high, therefore, successful candidates should be eager to learn, flexible in their approach and have a passion for food, people and delivery. They must have an interest in innovation and creativity with a can do attitude.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Strive to serve food and beverages to King Arthur Inns standard and specification
• Follow all King Arthur Inns standards in relation to service, speed of service and hospitality
• Prepared to learn from experienced team members on how to work/run all relevant food and beverage areas
• To attend daily briefings and carry out the shift duties assigned by the catering manager within the operational area
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues
• Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Meet all health and hygiene requirements when handling food and/or operating equipment
• Adhere to dress code and personal hygiene standards at all times
• Ensure that you attend work when required by checking the rota on a regular basis
• To adhere to Health & Safety, Fire, Food Safety and licencing regulations at all times
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Punctual and reliable
• Good work ethic
• Flexible and pro-active approach to work duties and hours
• Committed to completing the Apprenticeship programme by combining work based learning, assessment and independent study
• Forward thinking
• Positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• Work under pressure
• Flexible approach
Skills Required : • Good customer service skills
• Basic computer literacy would be advantageous
• Good attitude and understanding of health and safety and food safety
• Good communication
• Good organisation and time management
Future Prospects : Successful candidate's may be given the opportunity to progress to a higher level Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship where they can work towards becoming a team leader.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : Our Promise:
• We invest in developing your talents to help you progress your chosen career and deliver outstanding performance.
• We care about your health and well-being and, therefore, will ensure we reward outstanding performance to help you and your family live happy lives.
• Have your say, we will listen. As we want you engaged and always inspired by King Arthur Inns values and cultures.
The map below shows the employer's location