Job Title : Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer : Eden Hotel Collection - Bovey Castle Hotel
Location : Dartmoor, Devon, TQ13 8RE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01302
Brief Description : The Eden Collection are Recruiting for Apprentice Commis Chefs to join their teams and have the opportunity to work in Award-winning AA two and three rosette kitchens of their 4 star Hotels.
The Apprentices will work in one of the nine luxury Eden Hotels.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Maths and English of 'C' Grade or Functional skills equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : What you will be doing:
Our Academy will provide the opportunity for you to work for us on a full-time basis and to ‘earn while you learn’, setting you up with the very best skills, qualifications and experience to begin your career in the industry. We have partnered with HIT Training to create a Chef Academy, where instead of college day release, you will attend 1-2 days of training per month, with accommodation and travel costs covered.
The training is delivered in house by our Director of Food & Beverage, a previous Michelin awarded Chef and HIT Training. Back in your hotel, you will learn on-the-job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade (we hold 2-3 rosette’s in each of our Brasseries/Restaurants), whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high quality equipment/tools.
What you’ll need?
We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have high standards and bags of flair and creativity and can commit to the following:
• To follow and maintain all procedures (HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH and Food Safety Management) to the required standards to which training has been received.
• To adapt and respond to different shift patterns and section needs.
• To respond maturely to any given situation without hesitation.
• To report all important issues back to senior chef.
• To communicate effectively within the section.
• To contribute to the daily mise en place of the section.
• To follow strict rules of personal hygiene.
• To report any sickness immediately to a senior chef.
• To accurately record working hours.
• To show understanding of food cost and produce.
• To show alertness, vigilance and attention to detail of all work.
• To be proactive in self-development.
• To promote the image of Eden Hotel Collection as a professional organisation.
• Assist with achieving IIP standards for the hotel.
• Comply with all Company Policies and legal requirements with special reference to Health and Safety.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours incl Evenings/Weekends.
Salary : £314.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/02/2019
Personal Qualities : We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have high standards and bags of flair and creativity along with:
A real and evident passion for food;
The desire to build a career as a Chef;
Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
A ‘can do' attitude, along with a good sense of humour and team spirit,
Enthusiasm and desire to succeed;
Excellent communication skills.
Skills Required : We welcome applications from candidates who have some knowledge/experience of at least 6 months in a Commercial Catering/Hospitality Role and have the following skills:
Good time keeping.
Able to work as a team.
Able to take instruction and work unsupervised.
Excellent time management and attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure.
Basic knowledge of safe food hygiene and Health and Safety practices.
Future Prospects : Permanent employment guaranteed and progression to next level of apprenticeship upon successful completion of Apprenticeship programme and if operationally possible.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard.
Functional skills Level 1 Maths and English if required.
Things to consider : You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
The map below shows the employer's location